Image Map

Past Weeks

11.3.13

The last couple of weeks have been hard.  It's been hard to remind myself that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  And I'm forced to remember the words of an old friend, "Everything ends up alright in the end; if it's not alright, it's not the end."

I just feel like the weight of the world has come down on me, and I've for some reason convinced myself that I'm not strong enough to handle it.  Most of the reasons are because of work, but it just seems that nothing has been going right lately.  If I can drop it, I will.  If I can spill it on myself, I will.  If it rains, I most certainly will not have an umbrella.

My work requires weekend shifts; they're not often, but every once in a while on these weekend shifts, we are to take home a "weekend phone," which is complete torture.  The phone can ring at any time of night, any time of day, and we're required to answer it.  I had one driver this weekend who talked to me in a way that I had never been spoken to before.  And that weekend that I so cherish?  It's gone.  It's working 12 days in a row.  

So you get down on yourself.  Or, I get down on myself.  My spirits are down, and then what happens?  One of my great friends is in the hospital with his new born, really sick.  My heart is breaking for these wonderful people who don't deserve any of this bad luck.  Please keep them in your prayers.  

So I'm going to leave you with a picture of one of the things that makes me the happiest girl in the world, and another inspiring quote:  "Never let the sun set on tomorrow, before the sun rises today"


No comments: