Image Map

Moe's BBQ - Lakeview

19.3.13

Now I know that this is not limited strictly to Lakeview District.  These guys seem to be popping up everywhere lately; Trussville, Galleria, and I know they've got one over in Tuscaloosa.  But seriously?  Their white BBQ sauce is second to none.  

After work on Friday, I decided to meet up with B and some of his "old" work friends to celebrate the end of BBVA Compass as his employer, and to ring in the new employer so to speak.  So I met them down at Innisfree for a few celebratory drinks.  Yes, I skipped the work out and decided that maybe, just maybe, after the entirely sucky week I had, I deserved a vodka drink or two.  Innisfree is great up until about 11, where it gets young and crowded.

Yes, I'm 29 and I just said young and crowded.  Yet another sign that I am indeed getting older.  And I just said indeed.  I'm pretty sure the aging process never ends.  

Anyway, after a couple drinks (by the way the weather was gorgeous, and we enjoyed most of our beverages out on the patio), we decided we were hungry.  And across the street, there's Slice (which I've talked about numerous times on the ole blog here), and Moe's.  There was lots of loud fun music coming from Moe's so that's where we settled in for a bit.

I decided on the BBQ sandwich with potato salad and mac n cheese.  You can tell I wasn't completely in my right mind (am I ever?), because I really took a picture of a BBQ sandwich with the wrapper on.  Sometimes even I am in awe of my complete unawareness.  




The live music was great.  And I was forced to watch Duke lose yet another game, forcing me to have to pay for lunch the next day.  One day I will stop betting on those guys; they never seem to pull through for me.  

B decided on the wings, and apparently were the best wings he's had in Bham.  Also their banana pudding and jalapeno cornbread.  Definitely a good idea.  

These restaurants in Birmingham sure have a good thing going when the weather is fantastic.  Excited for some more happy fun weather this weekend.

No comments: