Image Map

Mirror Makeover

11.2.13

In addition to smaller projects like the spray painting of my artichoke lamp, we also decided we wanted to do something to spruce up our bathroom.
Wanna know a secret?  Maybe not so much a secret, as I've said it before, but there is only one bathroom in our entire house.  We (and when I say, we, I mean B) never thought that it would work.  I tend to be a little on the messy side; I leave my bed clothes on the bathroom floor; I leave out pretty much every ounce of makeup I put on my face on top of our counter.  So you can imagine my B's disbelief when I told him that I promised I would take care of the bathroom.  
I haven't.  So I guess he was right.  
Anyway, we replaced the lights in the bathroom as our first project in there.  We had always wanted to do a frame around the mirrors, but they are glued pretty tight to the wall, and are pretty damn close to the wall and the counter.
So we decided to do something that would look like a frame, but A.  would be cheaper and B.  wouldn't be pulling perfectly good wall out of our house just to frame a mirror.  We headed to Lowe's for some single tile, and stuck them on the mirror.  Best.  Idea.  Ever.  It looks just like a frame!  Both of us absolutely love it.

Before mirrors (notice that my clothes have spilled onto B's counter, right picture) and also notice all the crap on my counter (left picture).

And see the cleanliness in these pictures?  Sometimes it's awesome to be married to a neat freak.  Doesn't it look fantastic?  We love how it just almost matches the tile on the counter, but not quite.  B did an awesome job making sure all the pieces fit perfectly.

That man.  Sometimes he's just so dang handy.

No comments: