Image Map

USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park

15.2.13


I don't even know if this post requires too many words.  This was a great way to spend our last day in Mobile.  My dad can tell you that I used to hate being dragged to museums.  It was so boring, and I would just end up walking around not really paying attention or reading anything, and praying that it would all be over soon.

Not so much the case in my old age.  I actually spent the money to do this awesome tour.  It's an actual battleship, still in the water, and you get (yes, get) to actually walk around on it.  Plus, there's a fantastic aviation center and a submarine.  One of the coolest things on the planet was actually having a war vet inside the submarine to tell us how they lived in there.  There were over 72 men, in a very, and I mean very, cramped space.  But he did say there was an ice cream machine, and they could eat all the ice cream they wanted.  Very very cool.  





















For more on the park, visit here.

No comments: