Image Map

Oh My - O Sushi!

1.2.13

While browsing through the "Best of Birmingham" awards this year, this place came up as one of the best for sushi.  Although, about two years ago, this place didn't exist.  It is nestled into a shopping center that includes both a Target and a Kohl's (aka heaven).

So my coworker, Ingy, and I had a particularly bad day and decided that it could only get better with great sushi.  We both live pretty close to this place, so decided why not?  And it made the list to try before heading to Austin, so hooray for two birds with one stone.

It's not a very big place, but the sushi was fantastic.  On a Wednesday night, it was pretty cozy; just a few couples sprinkled around the place, and a few singles, messing around with their iPads, iPhones and laptops.  This is definitely a place where I wouldn't have felt weird if I chose to go and eat by myself.  
 
 







I had a spicy tuna roll (which was actually pretty spicy.  and delicious!) and their Thai Roll, which was essentially a California roll with yellowtail fish on top.  And they were both sooo good!!  

The spicy tuna roll was the best one I've had in Birmingham hands down.  Most of the time it's just not spicy enough, or there's too much avocado (not my favorite thing on earth), and it just makes for a bad roll.  But this was great.  And the Thai roll had a sweet sauce sprawled on top of it.  And so delicious.

Plus Ingy's sweet kiddos.  The girl loved sushi.  And her son ordered salmon!  Salmon you guys!  I couldn't believe that two kids under 10 were eating this stuff like it was candy.  Her kids are seriously the coolest elementary school kids I've ever hung out with.

Great way to end the week.

No comments: