Image Map

More Mobile Seafood? I think so.

20.2.13

After a night of drinking and dancing, the next thing I'm thinking about is food.  I'm sure there is no surprise there.  So after showering, we hit the car fast, because we knew if we didn't get out of downtown we would be blocked down there until the next parade was over.

Good news?  We did get out.  Bad news?  We got stuck at a light waiting for all the floats to approach the starting line.  So we eventually made it to lunch around 1pm . I was starving.  And I needed grease.  And caffeine.  I was getting grumpy.  I am told that I get grumpy when I'm hungry and when I've missed my morning caffeine.  So you can imagine how upset I was this morning.

Our Mardi Gras host told us about a place with great po'boys, so instead of hitting a place with cheeseburgers (what I was craving), we decided to go here; Yes suck sucky picture, but that says R&R Seafood Restaurant.  At least you can see how gorgeous the weather was...



 He wasn't joking about the po'boys.  They were delicious.  As were the parmesan oysters.  Best thing about the Gulf is of course, the oysters.  This place was best known for their crawfish, and we were the only table in the place without them.  But honestly?  Hangover = fried food.

I just wish we could have stayed longer.  :)

No comments: