Image Map

Little Donkey followed by something Sweet...

22.10.12

So we're knocking these out pretty quickly.  I am hoping that once all those places are crossed off that list, that it will be time to move to Austin.

Never have I been so angry at my place of employment as I was today.  So much so that I may be inclined to look somewhere else just for the short amount of time I'm here.  I am utterly disgusted at how little they care about their employees.  I never want to work for another company like the past two I've worked for.  I want out of this industry more than anything in the world.  

Maybe I'll go back to school and do something else.  I need to do something else.  If I'm destined to work in transportation, I might as well just lay over dead.  All jobs are not like this; and I know this because of B's job.  He likes it.  He actually likes his job.  I want to know what that's like.

Onto the food....this restaurant is brand new in Homewood.  It's a cute little place.  It's also of course, gotten pretty popular as every new place in  Birmingham does.  It's supposed to be authentic south of the border food, with a smoky BBQ flavor.








They make their own tortilla chips, and they were so good.  The sandwich I had was full of amazing BBQ, guac, and beans.  And then of course, they had this thing called the concoction with rice, beans, salsa, cheese and that's right, an egg on top.  Amazing town.  

And then there's a fun little popsicle place right next door, Steel City Pops.  They were at the Trucks by the Tracks festival, and B and I had no clue what it was.  We found out, and it was fantastic!



I had a caramel pop;  B had a peanut butter one.  They have all sorts of delicious flavors.  You can choose between fruity or creamy.  They had a maple bacon Bourbon flavor, that, unfortunately, they had already sold out of.  

So two fun places within walking distance of each other.  Amazing fun night in the Ham.

No comments: