Image Map

Airport Eats

11.10.12

I hate flying.  That is no secret.  It absolutely terrifies me.  

But I love airports.  I love the people watching.  I love the people in the bars drinking while reading or drinking too much and talking to whoever will listen.  For some reason, I have a weird fascination with wondering where people are going or where they just came from.  Or when I'm standing in line waiting to get on the plane, watching other people come off and wondering why in the world are they here?  

Call me strange.  But I love airports.

On our trip up to Milwaukee, we had a stop in Baltimore, so of course we had to get some crab cakes.  There are two places for them in the airport (plus a wine bar!), so we picked the one that B hadn't eaten at.





 Phillips was the one he hadn't tried.  They had those little things hanging fro the ceiling; they were so awesome.  We got a little sampler plate (we knew we weren't going to  be eating healthy at all once we hit Wisconsin), and their crab cakes were amazing.  No tartar sauce or anything needed.

Obrycki's is the other place for crab cakes in the airport.  This was one of their stand alone bars.  We of course needed one more drink before boarding . And when I say "we," I mean me.  

On our way back from Milwaukee, we wanted to grab a quick bite, since we had a three hour flight to Orlando, then a two hour flight to Birmingham, so we knew it was going to be late when we got home.  So of course, we had to have one more brat before leaving the place that does them best.


A brat the good ole Wisconsin way, with onions and kraut.  And it was in a pretzel bun.  It doesn't get much better than that, but oh then it does.  They had those homemade chip things and a summer shandy to wash it all down.

Definitely a fun airport trip.

We've got our next trip to St. Louis in a few weeks!  Can't wait for more airport fun!

No comments: