Image Map

New Orleans Street Performers

14.9.12

I know that I talk about New Orleans way too much.  I can't help it.  I am in love with this place.  It's not only the food and drinks, or the history, but the people who actually live there.

You have your upscale folks, your hipsters, grungsters (word?  maybe.), college kids...all sorts of people.

And then you have the category all its own:  street performers.

I love going into the quarter on a Saturday or Sunday.  That's when most of them are out, hoping for a little extra change in their guitar case.

We came across a duo that was just fantastic.  They had a violinist and guitarist, and their music was just amazing.




and take a listen...



and then there's this guy...

yep...dog not real.  Man not moving.  He stayed put like this.  Unreal.

But fun. 

We definitely dropped a dollar in his bucket.  In all our times here, we have never seen this guy.

And of course you can always go to Jackson Square and get your tarot cards or palm read.  I did it once.  It said someone far away was thinking about me.

Never quite got that....maybe yours will be better.

No comments: