Image Map

In Remembrance

11.9.12

September 11th was the first big thing to happen to our generation.  It was an event that we would have actually been present for in those history books; something where someone would be able to ask us, "where were you?," and we'd actually be able to remember.

I was in my AP Spanish class.  I remember distinctly our principal coming over the intercom telling all teachers to turn on the TV.  I remember nothing but worrying about where my Dad was.  He traveled a lot, and I had no idea where he was.

I remember doing nothing all day in class but watch the events unfold; watching the towers fall, watching people run for their lives; wonder what in the world I would have done if I was on one of those planes; then move on to grief for the people who decided they had no other choice but to jump out of a 100 story building; wondering if the world would ever return to normal.

I will not get political in this blog.  That is never my intention.  This post is in remembrance of those who lost their lives on that day, and those that continue to fight for my freedom to be able to post these every single day.




No comments: