Image Map

Nawlins Breakfast - Camillia Grille

6.9.12

so on Monday, everyone was trying to get out of New Orleans.  They had ordered a few mandatory evacuations down by the coast, and the rest were just voluntary.  But judging by the traffic on the way to and in the airport, people weren't taking this lightly.

We overheard some students while waiting in the airport; their first day was this day.  And they didn't have to go to school at all.  And I was thinking, well, were they disappointed by this or glad?

And then thinking, if I was a new freshman starting out, I may have been slightly disappointed, but that excitedness for school to start slowly dwindles after that year.  And by the time you're a junior, you're thankful for mother nature for pushing back those exams on the third week of school ( Ivan '05).  

Anyway, I digress.  We wanted some breakfast on Monday morning to balance out all we had to drink on our Sunday bar crawl.  And I wanted greasy.  Like nasty diner greasy.  So we stumbled upon Camellia Grille.

We're both pretty sure that we'd seen it before, but for some reason, it smelled extra awesome walking by that morning.




It was definitely a short-order place, with all food available; breakfast, burgers, melts, milkshakes.  You name it.  

The cook yelled out "Bye Birmingham" on our way out.

There was an old lady who was born and raised in New Orleans sitting next to B who just ordered two sides of grits and a glass of water.

And then as you can see, my omelet full of mushrooms and cheese, and well amazing town.  

Plus their hashbrowns were sooo good.

See below for my terrible picture of the traffic from the cab's windshield.  I couldn't get a better picture, because I was holding on for dear life.  I was pretty sure this guy was going to kill us.

Yep, thought we were going to die.

No comments: