Image Map

First Auburn Game of the Season!!

10.9.12

oh Southern girls and their football.

it is no joke.

we take it just as seriously as any man would; and there are some that take it even more seriously.

since I started school at Auburn, I have not missed a first game.  i have made it an absolute tradition to make sure that I catch it.  luckily for me, i haven't had to travel that far for it.

including this year when it was a mere two and half hour drive to get to the big ATL!  I was so excited not only to be able to make it to the game, but to be able to go back to my hometown.  

since the 2010 season, when Auburn won the National Championship, B and I have started our Saturdays with Chick-Fil-A.  Regardless of your political beliefs on this institution, their chicken biscuits are great.  And their sauce is addicting.  I just can't stop eating it.  

greatest stuff on earth.  really.

so after breakfast, we headed toward ATL for the first game of the season!  we met up with B's parents, and from there went to a great place for lunch (more on that later!), and then went to the stadium.

we were sitting in the clemson section, in the upper deck, but were surrounded by some pretty nice auburn and clemson fans.  

so the game started, and everything was great during the first half. the halftime band show was great; there was even a chick-fil-a cow floating by on a blimp....






but by the second half, our youth of the players got the best of Auburn.  after being ahead, clemson pulled away with a touchdown and a field goal.

I will never forget how some of the Clemson fans acted after the game; I have never seen such horrible sportsmanship, and you must remember that I come from the land of the LSU fans and Alabama fans.  It was awful.  

For a game that they were supposed to win, they acted as though they won the national championship.  They were very ungracious and rude as the Auburn fans walked out of the stadium.

Regardless of an Auburn loss, I still love my school and my team and nothing can change that.  A football game doesn't define me or what I believe about Auburn.

War Eagle!

(hey!)

No comments: