Image Map

Happy June!

1.6.11

We had a great weekend this past Memorial Day...minus the working all weekend, and having to work half a day on Monday (not that I even got off, with 8 phone calls from an agent and about 3 from my manager).


On Sunday we went down to Bennett's aunt and uncle's house on the lake. It was so beautiful out! It wasn't unbearably hot, and the water was warm enough to play around in. Plus stell-dog got her first taste of swimming in a lake...which she did not like. She got thrown in the first time, and coaxed in the other two. You know, being part golden retriever and part hound, one would think she wouldn't be such a chicken. But she is.


Speaking of chicken, that's what we had at the BBQ at the lake. And it was fantastic! We also had homegrown squash (which I hate, but grilled? Yums!) and zucchini (which I don't hate, so yay), and a loaded baked potato salad. Yeah, I'm getting that recipe and I'm gonna post it soon. I love anything potato anyway so I knew there was no way I was going to hate it.




This is what we did on Monday, during an off moment from all of my work calls. There is the Big Lots baby pool I've already blogged about. It was a blast!



Lake Martin! Ugh. So beautiful. I must have a lake house at some point in time during my life.

This is their full-blood golden retriever, Toots. She could be a show dog if it wasn't for a few black spots on her tongue. Her and Stell-dog got along so well! Plus, they could be sisters!


Here's our sweet chicken dog, hiding of course. She always looks like she's cutting her eyes at me in every single picture.



I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day full of friends, family, BBQ and most importantly remembering those who made such great Memorial Days possible.




No comments: