Image Map

Delta Sucks

18.6.11

Yes, how true this statement is....


I am actually supposed to be in Kansas right now. I'm supposed to be at the shooting range with my dad shooting a .45. I'm supposed to be eating a gigantic steak and twice-baked potatoes, and hanging with my dad and step-mom.







So why, you ask, am I blogging from Birmingham?






Well, let me tell you...






Yesterday was my last day at Penske Truck Rental (HALLELUJAH...worst place ever. Never work there), and so I had a flight to go see my dad. The flight was supposed to take off at 5:45, and when I got to the airport it was showing to be on time. I had about a 40 minute layover in Memphis before catching my flight to Kansas City.






So I get my gummi bears and a water and am chilling at the gate. Then a girl from across the way goes, " Are you on the flight to Memphis?" I nod my head yes, just assuming she was making sure she was at the right gate. And then she goes, "Did you know we're on an hour delay?" I'm like "whaaaa?" So I call my dad, and I'm like, "uhhh?" We eventually just said that we would have to reschedule, after my dad had to argue with the people for a refund (which he got, because I'm guessing it wasn't the perfect weather stopping the plane from going).






He'll be coming out here for July 4th now, with Kansas City steaks and ribs in hand.






But moral of the story: I will NEVER, EVER EVER book a flight on Delta again.





2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ugh! I'm SO sorry to hear that :( Totally glad that you were able to get a refund AND that he'll be visiting you soon! This will be my second Father's Day away from my dad... sigh. If only we could teleport!

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear about your terrible experience with Delta :( I have had the same types of experiences, but unfortunately when someone asks me a good airline in the US, i really can't tell them one! SOO sad!!! hope you were able to still have a good father's day with your dad even though yall are hundreds of miles apart :-S