Image Map

Oh, the slacking!

16.5.11

So it's been a week since I've last posted. Not that I've disappointed anyone with the lack of entries, but I just haven't been that interesting lately. Well, I lie. There's always interesting things going on.



This past weekend, I had another ballroom dance competition in Chattanooga at the Choo-Choo Challenge. This time I actually had some competition and got a good run for my money. I did well during the smooth competition (waltz, foxtrot, tango), but got my tail handed to me in the rhythm (cha-cha, rumba, swing).




My hands still look weird, as well as the lift on them. I can't seem to find it in myself to be graceful. I love dancing, but I don't know if competing is for me anymore. I started this so I would have a hobby and learn something new, but I don't like looking like an idiot in front of a room full of people.






Lindsey came with me; thank goodness! This would have been a nightmare without her...


The person who took this picture? A whole new story. Once upon a time, there was a crazy boy who pretended he was Johnny Cash. He worked at the Choo-Choo hotel, and sold pesticides to pay the bills. Of course he had that whole brooding musician thing going on; dark hair, slicked back (like Johnny Cash), nice little country twang (like Johnny Cash) and an all black outfit (like Johnny Cash). So naturally, with my "I can attract any crazy" attitude, this dude came over and talked to us at the hotel bar, where we went after the competition. And he called me June Carter, at least until I went to the bathroom and he found out that A. I was married. B. Lindsey has a boyfriend and C. He wasn't getting any that night.


Oh, did I mention that he had a girlfriend? Oh yeah.


The weekend was finished by a lovely breakfast at the Cracker Barrel.


There would have been more pictures had I not left my Nikon at the house. Don't get me started; I was definitely mad about that.


No comments: