Image Map

Oh the drinks we will drink...

9.5.11

So every time I go to New Orleans...all I talk about is the food. The food is great, but the drinks? Even better. Even the Diet Cokes taste better there. I don't know why, but here is a quick run down of the very-much alcoholic beverages to enjoy while in the Big Easy.





The famous Hurrican from Pat O's. This is definitely a touristy destination, but seriously? One of these and you'll probably be giddy. Take one of these, plus one of their Cyclones? You may as well call it a night.





The Hand Grenade. They claim it's the strongest drink on Bourbon Street, and who am I to argue? They definitely give you a little buzz. And for them to look so sweet with their little alien head cups? Just a lovely little front...

The mimosa. At the hotel restaurant (which was super nice by the way!). I spilled my first one all over me in classic Laura style. They did give me another one on the house! With lots of champagne. Offered at most places in New Orleans for brunch. Name me another city that can do up brunch like this place!


The New Orleans Bloody Mary. It's a good idea to sip this out of the straw, or your lips will be burning for a half hour. Trust me. This is from experience.



The hole in the wall Hurricane. These are probably half the size of the ones from Pat O's, but pack more liquor. Hang on to your skirts ladies!



Ahhh....Abita. Local. Awesomeness. Try the Turbo Dog or Purple Haze. Both delicious, and totally beat the heat while we were eating outside.


So there ya have it. I'm sure there are many that were left off (the frozen daiquiries you can get on every corner...Banana rules!), but you will just have to go down and try them all for yourself.




With the amazing food.




No comments: