Image Map

New Orleans Beauty

3.5.11



Okay. So here continues my monster obsession with New Orleans. I know there are a ton of pictures, but I love having them to look back on. These are all taken on St. Charles Ave. I left Bourbon Street out of most of these, because I have quite a few of them already. And luckily, we got to stay in a hotel (that strangely had two of the exact same picture right next to each other) right on St. Charles. I'm so obsessed....



Really neat. The night before Easter.... (there was also a vampire tour straight to the left of us when this picture was taken...I liked the irony...)


I really could live on any of the houses on this street.

Pretty pink flowers on St. Charles....


Yet another work of beautiful architecture...that I would totally live in.


I can't tell you who lived in this place, but when we passed by it the first time, there was a guy who was sitting in a lawn chair on his roof. I chickened out to get this picture first go-round. I checked on the way back, and he had gone inside. How cool does this look? If I ever get a metal fence, I'm totally copying.


The Hornets were playing the Lakers on Friday night. They lost, but this town has such a pride for their sports team. The Saints? Hel-loooo? I'm pretty convinced they won because of the backing of their people.


These were plastered around a lot of the businesses there. They were all painted something different. They have something like this in Auburn with a tiger and all... sort of fun!


This was just too awesome not to...


Shouldn't everyone have fleur-de-lis on their doors? (God forgive me if I misspelled that. It's almost a sin seeing as how much I love this place..., but I'm too lazy to dictionary.com it up)


Fountain inside one of the many courtyards.


I'm like a grandma with the flower pictures sometimes. I'm sorry. They're pretty.
(and to speak about flowers...guess who's hydrangeas are finally starting to bloom! Take that black thumb!)


I'm a sucker for everywhere I can't get in. The gates you see right there were padlocked shut.


These folks were something serious about their no trespassing. I remember seeing at least 3 signs that said it.


One of the marvelous gates that guards one of the billion dollar homes.


If you ever get the chance to go, I highly recommend it. Make sure to check your luggage. I can totally fit into some of it.



No comments: