Image Map

My First Ever Golf Outing...Fore! *is that right?

25.4.13

Last Thursday, I spent my day at the golf course.
 
Yes, I did.
 
It was a carrier outing for one of my customers, and I'm not going to lie; I'd been pretty nervous about this golf thing from the get-go.  I do not have the greatest hand-eye coordination on the planet, and was told that I could just hang out in the cart and drink.  Which there was plenty of, but there were a couple holes where my status as female was called into play.  I did not know that the ladies tees were sometimes a good bit further up than the mens.  I was told I only had to hit the ball ten feet for it to be better than anything they hit.
 
They played a game called four-man (person?) scramble, where you play off the best shot, to make the game go faster.  We did nothing but drink and have a great time.  The customer put me with the best people they possibly could have.  I did happen (of course) to get a few pictures of the place where I first made contact with a golf ball with a driver.
 
Oh.  And I will say that I came in pretty clutch on a couple of putts. :)
 
This is M, with his giant Jack and coke.

I'm pretty sure they turned around every so often to see if I knew where the ball went.  The guy next to M was one of the funniest guys I've met.  I was super obsessed with M's golf shoes too.  They were so pretty!


 So, I had such a good time that I think I am actually going to go and take professional golf lessons.  B offered, but he scares me...the patience is non-existent with that one.  Plus, if I can get any sort of pink clubs, then I am definitely one happy girl.

1 comment:

Damaris Boylan said...

It's really nerve wracking the first time, especially if you really don't have any clue with what you’re doing other than what you've seen Tiger Woods do. I'm not a golf person too but when a client wants to meet-up for golf, I can't say no. However, I always choose the best golf course that I know to distract them with the nice golf course and not see my bad golf skills.