Image Map

John Boutte = Amazingness

12.4.13

The Saturday we were down in New Orleans, we decided to go to John Boutte.  He was playing at d.b.a. on Frenchmen Street.  He has been sick for awhile, and this was his first show back.  d.b.a. is a small little bar; no tickets required, and it's pretty much general admission.  Just be first in line so you can get up close to the stage.  

We got there, got our drinks and proceeded to watch the best show I've ever seen in my life.  You guys, I had my musical epiphany in that place that night.  He sang "Hallelujah," and when the crowd chimed in and sang, it was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.  It still gives me chills.  







He was such a little man!  I'm in flats y'all, and I was still that much taller than him.  

It honestly was one of the best moments of my life; I of course can't wait to go back and see him again.  Just fantastic.

Have a great weekend y'all!

No comments: