Image Map

Easter Brunch: The Ruby Slipper

3.4.13

One of the most amazing things to do in New Orleans is of course, eat.  There are so many different places to try, whether you want the traditional Creole food, fried seafood, or just an amazing slice of pizza, they have it all.

So when our plans for Johnny's Po'boys fell through (also an amazing spot to eat), we needed to find a new place to eat.  After our night at John Boutte, and our dinner of french fries and Zapp's potato chips, we woke up starving.  

So we found a spot that didn't look crowded and made our way inside.  Apparently there are three of these locations in New Orleans, and it was honestly some of the best food I've had in awhile; The Ruby Slipper.

They had the traditional breakfast foods and lunch foods like grilled cheese and burgers.  







 I had a mimosa and B had the brandy milk punch, which tasted just like an island drink, and was fantastic.  I had the Eggs Cochon, which was two poached eggs over pork debris on top of a biscuit.  Umm, probably not the healthiest thing in America, but it was so freaking good.  I don't know what my obsession with eggs is lately, but I can't get enough of them.  B had the Bananas Foster Pan Perdu, and that also was amazing.  Also those little strips of bacon?  Probably the best bacon ever; you could taste the smoke in them.  I don't think there's ever been a piece of bacon that I could say that about.  There could have been fist fights over it.  

Makes me hungry just writing about it. 

No comments: