Image Map

My Heart Belongs to NOLA

1.8.11

Yet again, we spent another weekend in New Orleans. I love this place. There is no place full of such pride and amazingness than here. (I'm fully aware that amazingness is not a word, but for the purposes of this post, it's going to be.)

And I'm not talking about just Bourbon Street, although we had some fun there (AKA $6 HUGE vodka tonics), but walking on Frenchman Street (more to come on that in later posts), eating at Mandina's (ditto), and finding a delicious Italian hole in the wall that actually took one of our checks, since he didn't take credit cards.

I think moving there would take the magic out of the place, although they seemed to have so many condos, apartments and homes near Loyola University for rent. I guess I wouldn't mind living there for a year or so.

I'm a nomad. I love to move and change. You know how change bothers some people? I am so not one of them. In face, most of the time, I embrace it, but that's for another date and time. On to the NOLA goodness.

Saturday morning we got up early to eat breakfast at Cafe Beignet. Below are some of the pictures from their place...


Jazz statue in the courtyard.


Italian wedding lights are my fave.


Holla, they were everywhere!




The chair backs in the shapes of hearts. Loved it.


And the food! Cajun hash browns with andouille


The beignets! Yummy!!! And way better than our home-made ones.

I'm telling you from the bottom of my heart, if you have not made a trip there, you really really need to.

Seriously. Go. :)



No comments: