Image Map

Dave's Pizza in SOHO

15.8.11


This weekend was full of perfect weather. It finally stopped being above 90 degrees more than two days in a row, and get this, it was 67 this morning!!
I smell Auburn football......


But I digress..


We had looked at the weather, and to our dismay it said there was a 90% chance that it was going to rain, which ruined our grilling out plans. So we decided to go to Dave's in Homewood. By the way, it never did rain. We actually had quite an enjoyable evening sipping on cocktails at the Blue Monkey. Again, I digress...


Dave's is nestled into a sweet little spot right in the middle of South Homewood (SOHO). During lunch they have an amazing pizza buffet (can you say, bbq chicken pizza, margherita pizza and buffaloc chicken?)


But they don't offer that at night....what they do offer however, are $7 pitchers of PBR. Trust me, it's really not that bad. I never said it was good either, but it's perfect for a big 'ole meaty pizza. Take a look for yourself....

Wasn't kidding . We really call it SOHO.

The outside. Believe it or not, this was the only place on the building that had their name on it. Sorry it's so blurry. I was working with some bad lighting...

Also was not kidding about the football...21 days till AU kickoff!!

Hi hubs.

The whole place is outdoors. When it's cold out, they let the plastic cover the windows and put on some heaters...

The Black and White: if you want to find out where to go and what to do on the weekends, this is the fun little mag/newspaper to read.

Our (enormous) pitcher for only $7. Perhaps that's why the first couple of pictures are blurry?

They even give you the top 10 reasons why you should go to Dave. In case you couldn't figure them out while you were there...

Enjoying my beer...after about the 2nd glass, you can't even tell it's PBR.


And of course...the pizza!! We got the DynoDave. Amazing and full of meat. They have amazing crust, and it comes out not too hot to eat without having to cut it with a fork and knife first.

I loved it; although it's hard for me to find a pizza that I don't like. Yes, like a five year old, my favorite food in the whole world is pizza. "A whole cheese pizza all to myself..."

That's right...I just quoted Home Alone. Don't act like you didn't know where that was from...








2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Haha, love it!! That place looks like so much fun! And that pizza... yummmm! Football season is almost here!

Anonymous said...

hahaha for the home alone quote (i find myself quoting uncle frank ALOT)...and next time you get a $7 pitcher of beer, please drink a glass for me. here in norway one small beer at a bar costs nearly $15-$20. AGHHHH!