Image Map

Dog People

24.8.11

You know how some people categorize themselves as dog or cat people?

Well, I am totally and completely a dog person. If I could go to the humane society and adopt every dog there, I would. However, my unfenced yard and lack of space indoors, wouldn't be ideal for those little pups. But you rest assure; once I have the room, I will have more dogs. Lots and lots of dogs...

But what got me thinking about this? Please let me tell this heart-breaking story.



This is Jon Tumilson. He was a Navy SEAL. He was killed while overseas. This is his pup. His relatives had said that his dog was like his son.



Notice the pup lying at the foot of the casket. Please just try to tell me that you don't have tears streaming down your face right now. I just had to look at this picture and the tears fell.

And then I just started thinking about how much I love my little bundle of fur... I mean, look at her....


Those sweet sweet eyes. I dread the day that she is no longer with us. I just don't know how my heart is going to take it...

I am a true believer that a dog loves his/her human(s) unconditionally; that they know when you are sad and that's when they're prone to cuddle; that they know just the perfect time to give you a big ole doggy kiss.

I am a dog person. 110%.





No comments: