Image Map

Good Wife Part 2

10.8.11


So remember way back to a couple months ago, when me, the self-proclaimed bad cook, cooked my hubs dinner? Well, it's happened again! Take a look!!

What You Need:
  • 1/2 lb shrimp (I'm lazy so I like the peeled, already cooked kind)
  • Garlic, 3 cloves
  • Sun Dried Tomatos
  • Feta Cheese
  • Linguine noodles
  • Fresh basil (in the back yard! thanks hubby!)



  • Drop the spoon in the sun dried tomatoes, and get a little of that oil goodness. I usually use 2 spoonfuls. Add just a touch of canola.
  • Then throw about half a cup of sun dried tomatoes and the three garlic cloves (minced!!) into the pan. I love garlic. The recipe calls for three; I like more.
  • Put the already cooked noodles in the pan and toss with the tomatoes and garlic.
  • Shake the feta cheese over the noodles. Do it to taste. If you don't like feta, then use another cheese. We put some pepper jack on there, and it was still amazing.
  • Put the already cooked shrimp in the pan just to heat those suckers up.
  • Chop the basil finely and then add to the pan.
  • Toss all ingredients together and serve!



Then, if you live in this household, add a glass of Shiraz and plop yourself in front of the TV. A piece of garlic bread with this never hurt anyone either...(gosh how I love Texas Toast!)

I hope you get a chance to try this one out for summer! It's not too heavy for a summer meal, since there really isn't any pasta sauce, and there's shrimp!

Enjoy!!

(recipe adapted, though not followed exactly from Southern Living)




2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Mmmm, this is my kind of meal!! It looks soooo yummy and I'm a huge fan of Texas Toast!! :)

Jenn said...

You've never cooked anything for me!! xoxo