Image Map

New Orleans Cotton Mouth Kings

2.8.11

I heart jazz music. I love the rhythm; I love the instruments; I love the chance to swing dance to anything!!

So we went to the Spotted Cat (look it up! nothing but good reviews!!) and were pleasantly surprised to hear the New Orleans Cotton Mouth Kings playing! And I mean, these guys were incredible. They had a standup bass (which I love!!) and a clarinet! And, I mean, I was blown away. We stayed until their complete set was over. You couldn't pull me away!!

There was this amazing trombone player that came out of nowhere, and the upright bass player mouthed to me that he was amazing! Look how close I was to him! He could have blown my ear drums out. He didn't; don't worry.


I wonder if all the flashes bothered them? Oh well. I had to do it. Plus, the bass player? Gorgeous! I didn't really get any super good pictures (or that up close). Sue me, I don't want to look like a completely crazy person!

We heard about this bar from one of Bennett's friends who is from New Orleans. It's actually next to two other bars that are supposedly just as famous (DBA Lounge & Snug Harbor), but we got so pulled in by the dive-y feeling of this one.

Seriously. Go Yelp! it and check out all the great reviews!

Oh, and if you didn't know, and on a completely different note, Teen Nick started playing all the old shows from the '90s. Why didn't Clarissa ever date Sam??




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you on yelp!? i am ;-) but they dont have it in norway, so i only have my old US reviews :)

anyways, this is definitely the way to check out N.O!

and clarissa didn't date same because he was too cute for her. at least i thought so! LOL hahhaha