Image Map

I want a Do-over!

26.7.11

It is no secret to anyone that I love sweets. I mean, how can someone not like sweets. So while I've been getting into this Pinterest thing, I came across some pretty sweet ass wedding cakes. And I thought to myself, I really didn't do it up that big for my wedding cake (in real life, I'm quite the simple girl), so what kind of wedding cake would I have if I could do it all over? I'm so glad you asked....

(via through pinterest)

A row of cascading yellow flowers? Yes please! I love the simplicity of the white cake with the scattered flowers. Gorgeous!

(via through pinterest)

The ombre and the orange? Do I even need to explain why this cake is amazing? Didn't think so...


(via through pinterest)

A sweet white cake, on a simple wooden stand...but wait what's that? A sweet flag banner on top? Such a creative idea!!



(via through pinterest)

I don't think wedding cakes get any more gorgeous. This would have fit perfectly white my black, white, and pink themed wedding. Wish I would have thought of it!!



(via through pinterest)

I love the super boldness of the one black layer with the single orange rose on top. I think this would be beautiful for a fall wedding...or a wedding some day around Halloween!

So out of the few things that I would change out of my wedding day, I think I should have done up the cake a little more. I mean, my cake was beautiful, and it tasted awesome, (you know that top layer you're supposed to eat a year later? we ate every last bit of it!), I think it could have been a little more dressed up. How about those of you guys that are married? Would you re-do your cake? Or how about those that think they want to get married? Any of these cakes look good to you?




3 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm in love with this post!!! I think going into my wedding planning, I was pretty cake-dumb. I had never really paid attention to cakes before. Okay, other than what they tasted like! :)

Then, thanks to Pinterest I recently started seeing cakes that I am just amazed by. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED my cake. It was one of my favorite things actually. I just never knew ALL the possibilities that were out there! I love the cakes with the little flowers. And the pink ombre!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Pinterest is SO dangerous. I'm pretty much unhappy with my entire wedding, and LIFE, thanks to Pinterest. Lol! :)

Sue said...

Hello Laura,
I just came across your blog and I love what I'm seeing. I'm a baker and am doing wedding cake for my friend's wedding and the pictures here in Pinterest gave me ideas. Thanks a lot.

Sue