Image Map

Restaurant Review : The Flying Biscuit (ATL)

25.7.11

This weekend, two girls from work and I went to see Chelsea Handler at Chastain in Atlanta. Please let me tell you how hilarious this girl is; plus her opening acts were even better . If you can score the chance to see her, I totally recommend you do.

It rained, and we got soaked, but for some reason that only made it better. Plus the greatest thing about Chastain, is that you can bring in whatever you want. Yes, alcohol included. So we filled up on beer and vodka cranberries (whilst watching Chelsea, a vodka drink is a must!) and laughed and made friends with the people next to us.

After one cheeseburger too many, we all decided to just crash at the hotel, even though we all were pretty gung-ho on going out dancing. At 2 am, it was probably better that we just crawl into bed and sleep.

But the next morning, we woke up starving!! None of us really knew too much about the Chastain area, so we decided to just drive around, and found this cute little place for brunch: The Flying Biscuit!

It was nestled right off the same road as our hotel; please don't ask me the name of the street. You couldn't pay me to remember what it was.

Our fried green tomato appetizer; I am so obsessed with fried green tomatoes.

My breakfast of over-easy eggs, creamy dreamy grits (probably the best I've ever had), a Flying Biscuit, and chicken sausage. Totally amazing.


Meagan's brunch; A Meggxican (yes, that's how they spelled it), moon-dusted (rosemary) potatoes and of course a biscuit.


I can't remember the name of Elizabeth's omelet, but there was definitely some mushrooms and spinach involved. It looked and smelled amazing.

One thing we didn't take advantage of (too much the night before? perhaps...), but they have $3 flavored mimosas. Delicious, right? Maybe next time.

I also got to re-connect via text with one of my good friends from the ATL, Brett. Unfortunately he was in Boston for the weekend, but we've decided that I will make another trip to the ATL for a fun catch-up weekend.

Hopefully I'll be taking it back to The Flying Biscuit for seconds.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why cant they have the flying biscuit where i live?!?! i would buy stock in it!!!

Anonymous said...

The superior quality and location of Birmingham hotels will make every trip a pleasure. For business travel, the hotels in Birmingham are best option for persons visiting Birmingham.Hotels in Birmingham

Cat said...

Oh my ... love that name, love the fact that they serve on colorful plates {is that Fiestaware?} and the food looks so yummy!


♥ Cat brideblu