Image Map

Song I'm Loving Sunday

24.7.11

This weekend was one of the best weekends I've had in awhile. I'll share some now, and then share the rest later. Last night we went to The Nick. It's a cute little dive bar in downtown, and we had never been there before. It's a little eccentric, but their pull is four bands in one night. We went strictly to see Uncle Lucious (more on them later), but we got a guy who took the percussion out of dance club songs and added his own, a sweet little acoustic duo from Muscle Shoals, and a group of 3 guys who you would never think would be in a band.

So, we get to The Nick at around 9 last night, and had no clue that the show we were there to see was the opening act. We were so glad that we had gotten there early. Not even to mention that we got to meet the guys in the band, and hubs got their autographs on the CD that he bought. Because seriously, when you scroll to the bottom and hit play on that little button, you will see why they need to make it big.

Let me just say that hubs and I love music. If you scroll through any one of our iPods at any given time, you will find a mixture and be like WTF? I go from Gaga to Lou Rawls to Amos Lee to Grace Potter to guys like Uncle Lucious to Tom Petty. And his iPod is probably even more random than that. But we absolutely looove music and seeing live music.

Which led us exactly to where we were last night. And I'm telling you guys, I am in love with their lead singer Kevin Galloway. I was so nervous to get a pic with him that when I finally did, I told him that he was "super cute." I'm sure that's exactly what he wanted to hear....



Hi, yes, I love you.

Here are a couple more shots from their set, and then make sure to click that play button! They need all the support they can get! It's sad to hear that a band that can play Tipitina's in New Orleans and sell out, but can only bring out a crowd of about 20 in Birmingham.












Also, if you're into checking out unknown bands and singers try MusicFog.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pretty sure you and i need to hang out sometime on the weekend! you always have so much fun!