Image Map

Southern Sunday Brunch

18.7.11

We don't just have big hair and big pearls in the South; we also know how to do breakfast! Granted this is a lovely home-made Sunday brunch ( woo-hoo for saving money!), but it couldn't have been more delicious. Pictures, courtesy of me, brunch courtesy of the hubs. I keep telling him that we really need to open a restaurant. Trust me. You would eat everything this man cooks.




We always start out with an alcoholic beverage. Always. In lieu of the more traditional Mimosa or Bloody Mary, hubs opted for ginger ale and a mango/peach rum. Oh yes. It was as delicious as it sounds. And so light and perfect for the heavy meal ahead.



Unripened tomatoes from his garden. I would say our garden, but no. Everything I touch, I ruin. He likes to grow things, and is pretty good at it, so it's his garden.


Fried green tomato goodness. Can you get more Southern? I don't think so. Hubs says fry it in corn and flour, and you get the perfect coating. I'll take his word for it.


The monster 3-egg omelet. He's such a good omelet maker. Every time I've tried, I've given up and gone for scrambled eggs instead.


You wanna know what's in it? I bet you do! Well let's see... pork (doused in the red beans and rice sauce from the night before), steak, friend green tomatoes, and of course cheese. I swear we keep the Meat Association of America going. Yeah, I don't know if that really exists, but if it, then we should have plaques hanging in their front office.

It really was amazing. He is such a good cook. Now I just need to get him to quit his day job!!





1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Mmmmm YUM! Open up a restaurant! Everything sounds so yummy!! :)