Image Map

Things I Love: MoonPies!!

1.4.11


Okay, okay, I'm a fat kid at heart. All of my favorite things somehow involve some kind of food. But the hubs bought a couple last night, and OMG, delicious. Apparently I'm a five year old at heart too. But you smack these babies into a microwave with a glass of milk, and I am the happiest girl in the whole world.



The moonpie was founded in Chattanooga by a bakery salesman who wanted to make a satisfying snack for the miners. When he asked them how big they wanted the snack to be, a miner held up his hands to frame the moon, and said "about this big." A lot of people associate MoonPies with Mardi Gras in Mobile. They throw these during parades, and they even have a MoonPie drop during New Year's! Can you say crazy!! I'm gonna leave y'all with a sweet recipe from their website, which you can access by using that sweet little button up at the time (I just learned how to do this....and boy am I excited!).


Southern Living MoonPie Banana Pudding Trifle


Ingredients: 2 cups whole milk 1 3.4-oz package of vanilla instant pudding 1/2 cup sour cream 1 9.6 oz carton Peanut Butter MoonPie Crunch


Instructions: Combine 2 cups milk and 1 (3.4-oz.) package vanilla instant pudding mix in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes; let stand 5 minutes. Whisk in 1/2 cup sour cream. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Layer pudding mixture; 2 medium bananas, sliced; and 1 (9.6-oz.) carton MoonPie Crunch Peanut Butter (8 chocolate cookie sandwiches), quartered, in 4 (8-oz.) glasses. Dollop with whipped cream. Makes 4 Servings

**as from the moonpie website...my mouth is watering. Plus you can't go wrong with anything from Southern Living**


1 comment:

Julie said...

I love moon pies, but my butt dimples do not! Too graphic? I'm sorry :)