Image Map

My First Married Cooking Adventure

4.4.11


Okay, so no secret to no one that I can't cook. For anything. So when the hubs was coming home from his business trip last week, and his Tiger Woods golf something or other was in the mail, I knew I was going to be a good wife and make dinner for him.



But what to make...what to make?? I scoured through Food Network and even through Martha, but then decided since I'm not the most advanced, I should probably stick to something that is not too difficult to figure out how to make. So I figured, how bad could someone screw up a cheeseburger? Not even on the grill, but fried inside? So here we go.



The 'gredients:


1 lb ground meat. (you can go healthy here or not...I decided to not. I like chemicals)


jalapenos ( I tend to go for the jar kind. Because I couldn't find fresh? maybe.)


1.5 tbsp of canola oil


1 white onion (actually half...or the whole thing if you like 'em)


1 French Bread roll ( I prefer Publix bread. Actually, I pretty much prefer Publix anything)


1 tsp of salt


1 tsp of pepper (or 1.5 if you really like pepper. I do not.)


Tomato


Anything else you may want on your burger.


Any kind of sliced cheese you want. ( I got sharp cheddar, but it probably would have rocked harder with provolone)




How-to make a burger a-la Laura:


1. Slice the French roll into four pieces (eight, if you're going to want smaller portions)





2. Cut half of the onion, then chop. The smaller the better!!


3. Mix the salt and pepper with the onion and throw it into the ground beef. Make sure to combine all ingredients by hand. If you just pulled the ground beef out of the refrigerator, your hands will get uncomfortably cold.

3. Patty the ground beef into four little burgers (about 1'' thick).


4. Put the oil into the frying pan and turn up the heat.

5. Place the patties into the frying pan. According to the hubs, the more sizzle you hear, the better. I did about 6-7 mins on each side.

6. After about 7 mins on each side, throw a couple of japs on the top.

7. Then throw the cheese on top. (placing a saucer top over the cheese makes it melt faster!)

8. You can cut the patties in half and put one-half of each into one part of the sliced French roll, for a smaller portion, or throw one full patty into a piece of the French roll. That's the beauty of a Laura burger...do whatever you want.

8. Add your lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard, ketchup, relish...or whatever else you like all over your shirt when you eat a burger and enjoy!!


The potato salad? Pre-made from the best grocery store ever; Publix. And I love mayo, as witnessed by the noticeably white stuff on the roll. Yums.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad that you never helped in the kitchen. Then you would know how to feed your hubs. Love ya. Sorry about Courtney.

Your favorite MOM


PS Your burgers looked awesome. Maybe you can teach your MOM a thing or two. Now go on Southern Savers website and get you some coupons.