Image Map

things I love: Citizen Cope

8.4.11



What is a Citizen Cope you may be asking? Well, let me tell you. He is a musician!! And a marvelous one at that.




And there is a little sentimental value to this love. This is the first concert that Bennett and I went to together. Wait, scratch that. This was our first date ever (cue the awwwwws...). He sort of introduced me to him, and we were going to have his song Holdin On as our first dance song, but well, it's six minutes long, so no.


The concert was at Workplay Theater in Birmingham. It's a fantastic place to watch concerts. There's two stages; the Soundstage and the Auditorium. The Soundstage is bigger, but you are standing the whole night. The Auditorium has a top floor with seats all around it, and the bottom floor has the same. Either way, both of them are great. It's one of the best places in Birmingham to watch a show!!




The chandelier in the stage area. With the banners. Oh, how I want that chandelier. I suggested it for our dining room, but Bennett said he would prefer to see the people he's eating with. Oh well.




Self-photos! The one accessory you can't see? The oh so awesome Hello Kitty band-aid that's attached to my back. Well it was either that or my gigantic cancer hole. You decide.



There he is!






It was such a good show. I recommend looking him up on iTunes or whatever file sharing thing you use. He's got a blue-sy sort of feel to him. And he sang this entire show acoustic, which made it even more special when he sang our song!!







No comments: