Image Map

Smile...Even Though It's Breaking

5.4.11


Today has been awful. It has been one of the worst days I have had in a long time. Work got ya down? Yes, but it's actually just pretty much life in general. I had a big long post planned today for things that were currently making me happy, but it didn't seem appropriate.




My friend, Courtney, passed away today. She was only 42 years old and two weeks ago was at the beach with her children. It makes a person think that it could all end so suddenly. No warning, no time to say to everyone what you want to say. I hate that this got all cliche-y real quick, but seriously, it makes you want to do things now. Quit your job if you're unhappy; tell that dude from across the hall/office/classroom/match.com that you love him; skydive; buy seven dogs if that'll make you happy, but don't wait until it's too late to do it.




( I stole this from her facebook. This makes me smile)


And then there's these two who can always make me smile...


oh my god, I looooooove her.



and the two together? ugh, I die. ( I know it looks like he's poking her in the eye. I promise, he wasn't. We don't believe in animal cruelty around here :) )


So even on the darkest day I've had in quite some time, I still found the time to think of things that make me smile, and that makes me believe (ok, ok, know) that things are going to be ok.


1 comment:

Julie said...

So sorry for your loss. It's amazing how fragile life is.