Image Map

Restaurant Review: Mother's (NOLA)

26.4.11

This past weekend, hubs and I went to New Orleans. (Ok, I have to admit that I read another blog that said it drives this certain person crazy when someone else uses the word "hubs" or "hubby." Yeah, well I'm still gonna use it). It was amazing!! The hubs said it was named one of the 10 places you have to eat before you die, but I just googled the crap out of it and can't find it.


Anyway, it's on Poydras street. Mother's is best known for their baked ham, but they are also known for their debris (day-bree), which is the roast beef that falls into gravy. So freakin awesome.





World's best...they ain't kidding!!




Corner street sign.


The inside of their walls are covered with pictures of famous people who have been there.





Super cute hubs....he hates his candid shots.




The crawfish omelette. I could eat this every day. Seriously.





Their baked ham breakfast biscuit. Not only was the biscuit the best I'd ever had, but the ham. Best. Stuff. On. Earth. Bennett said the jelly was good, but I have a jelly phobia. I don't like the texture. At all.



And there it is...the debris. With grits. Oh my. I really could have eaten all of the debris in the world.


This is the the beginning of this trip. I'm excited to post the architecture, the "model shoot," the French market Restaurant, the lovely po' boys at Parkway. Plus some Bourbon street Saturday drinkin. Get excited!!







No comments: