Image Map

Three Great Things

26.8.13

Last week at work was kind of a whirl wind.

I lost my work husband theFriday before, and last week was my first real week without him.  I honestly didn't know how hard it was going to be without him there.  And I know that sounds weird, like, hey Laura, he was just a co-worker.  But it was more than that.  We'd spent every weekday together, and some weekend days together; talking about our families, learning about each other, bitching about our jobs.  And then that abruptly ends, so yeah a girl is going to cry at work.  Maybe more than once.  Maybe like three times.

Don't judge.

I'm an emotional human being.  I've accepted it.  

So there were a few things last week I needed to make sure I survived last week.

One was dinner with my girlfriend, Caitlin, at Cocina Superior where we gorged on El Chango's, guac, and enchiladas.


Last week, I also won an award at work:  The Extra Mile Award.  Which was pretty nice, especially when they handed me $100 cash in my hand!

It's a little blurry ---sorry, I was trying not to be too obvious when I was snapping the picture.  Hey, I'm allowed to be a little proud of my award.

Or bribe...either way, I still got $100.

Then, since the blog hasn't seen enough of my sweet sweet Stell-dog, I mean just look at this face!!!  How can you hate?!


This is pretty much the look I get when I take too many pictures of her.  It's like, "Mom, please leave me alone and let me lay on Daddy in peace, please!!"

She never gets it though.

I don't give in to dog demands.  

Well, sometimes.

No comments: