Image Map

Nothing Better Than A Cuban Sandwich

7.8.13

One of the main things B wanted to do while we were in Miami was get good Cuban food.

I did not protest much (although there are some days where you just want to shove a cheeseburger and french fries in your face a call it a day.  this was one of those days for me), so we found a cute little place with outdoor seating.

It was semi-beautiful out ( aka 80 degrees in the shade), so we sat outside.

So we went to Havana 1957.  B said it was supposedly one of the best places for Cuban food, so voila.  We were done.  To begin with, they give you these fried plantains, sliced incredibly thin.  They were so good!  They also gave you water in old Bacardi bottles!  Hello Pinterest project!!  Their sangria was delicious, their Cuban sandwich was amazing, and even B's plain old chicken had some great spice to it.

Did I mention how amazing their sangria was?  I could really use some right now.  B's spicy Cuba Libre was pretty good too.







On a side note, I was reading someone's blog that I truly love and she was talking about how much she hated travel posts, and how she couldn't stand seeing a million pictures of someone's vacation.  It kind of made me sad.  She also listed about seven other things that I am definitely guilty of.

But again, I don't blog with the intention of getting big and famous from it; I really do it for myself.  And for my family and friends who like to read about what is going on my life.  Mostly I do it because I love to write.  And what someone else thinks is relevant in a blog (ie, just trying to be funny to just be funny, or pictures of their amazingly put-together outfits every day) may not be what I think is relevant.

Point being, live on vacation/travel pictures, because I sure hope I have a lot of you.

No comments: