Image Map

Atlanta Love

21.8.13

Going back home to Atlanta is always bittersweet for me.  That is truly the one place I allow myself to call home.

Yes, I was born in Wisconsin, and yes, I've lived in Alabama for longer than I lived in Atlanta, but I just can't bring myself to say that I'm from anywhere else but the great Peach State.  That's where I went to elementary, middle and high school.  That's where I met the two friends that I still talk to, and that you'll see in this picture.

Robin -- one of my best friends since 1998.  I love that sweet girl possibly more than anything in the world.  She's got two precious kids (seriously!  We went to lunch with them on Sunday...pretty well-behaved kids!), and a really sweet husband.

Brett -- I've known him since 1998, but didn't really get to know him until later in high school, stayed friends through college, had a fling after college, and still talk to each other.

Seeing these people makes me realize how much I miss being home.  Even the thought of going to see my old theater where I worked brought a strong wave of nostalgia.

So going to a Braves game made it even worse.  I did that so many times while I lived there, it's impossible to not feel just a little bit sad.  Warning* Picture heavy post.

Me and Brett.
What's a baseball tailgate without some beer pong??


Brett!!

Me, Robin and Brett.  My high school reunion.











Even though I look like a complete damn nerd in this last picture, it is definitely my favorite of the night.

15 innings of fun with these folks makes for a definite homesick feeling.

No comments: