Image Map

Birmingham Race Track

20.8.13

A couple weeks ago, us girls at work had a pretty bad day.  I know, what else is new right?  One of the girls at work has a second job at the race track, and guess what Tuesday night is?  

Just in case you don't know, it's two-fer Tuesdays!!  Every beer costs $1!

This is no joke.

A bucket of beers....costs $3.

If that's not heaven after a hard day of work, I'm not really sure what is.

Plus I've never seen greyhounds race, so I was kind of excited to see them!

I have to tell you that I really had a great time!  I even placed a few bets on the dogs; none that I won, but it was still pretty awesome.  I really didn't think that I would have a good time, but it was kind of dead, and it was pretty damn great.



 Coworker's boyfriend owns one of the kennels of dogs that races, and says that on the weekends when the place is pretty crowded, you can get a box and watch the dogs run.

I think my favorite part about the place was that you could actually place a penny bet!!  And watching them chase the motorized bunny! 

I can't wait to go back!


No comments: