Image Map

About This Blog

12.8.13

I've had a few questions come up lately to people with whom I share this URL address to my blog.  Mainly asking why I don't go more mainstream, why I don't post it on Facebook, or promote it using any other sort of social media ( hello, it is on Instagram and Twitter! ), but the answer is really simple.

I'm way too scared to. 

I've talked about it in the past, about posting it for the world to see, but people are jerks.  And I don't think in my 29 years of life, that I'm ready and/or prepared for people to judge me simply on a blog.  It sucks doing it in real life, and being judge for the actual person that you are.  And maybe that's what's so frightening...that the blog is a complete and total reflection of me.

I swear.  A lot.

I take crappy Instagram and iPhone pictures and post them all over this bad mother.

I'm incredibly self-conscious, so guess what?  There's not going to be a ton of pictures of myself. 

I like recapping weekend trips and vacations, and using my blog to post all 200 pictures from it.  In one post.  

I don't think of myself as fitting into a necessary genre of blog writing; just like in my real life, I'm pretty damn random, and sort of use the blog to showcase such.

I guess I'm simply afraid of people who know me just a little, actually taking the time to read through this thing (folks, I've kept this thing since 2008, and while the pictures have become more abundant, material has sort of stayed the same), because I know that takes time.  But it's also putting yourself out there for the world!  And what if, just what if, some random ex-boyfriend, ex-employer finds it, and reads it, and they find out how you truly felt about something? 

I don't know Laura, you probably should have told them all of that to begin with....

I went through a phase a couple of months ago where someone told me that he didn't quite get the point of my blog; that it was all a bunch of pictures of BBQ (umm, ok, the girl likes pork, get off it) and football (War Damn..19 days!), and New Orleans (no explanation...NOLA rules).

I guess that's the point...take it or leave it.  This blog is about more me than anything I can think of in the world.

Except BBQ, football and New Orleans.




No comments: