Image Map

The Great Gatsby

10.6.13

I finally got to go see this movie with a couple of girlfriends on Friday, and I have to say, I fell deep deep in love with it.
 
I know some people don't like Baz Luhrmann or his style, but I think he pretty much nailed it.  I really liked the combination of the old style jazz with the new.  The costumes were incredible; Leo was as gorgeous as always.  Just something after Titanic, where I'm sure every girl my age is still in love with him.
 
And that moment where he turned around in the movie, I'm pretty sure I squeezed the blood out of my best friends leg. 
 





(all images via google images)
 
I know it got a lot of hype, but I really and truly loved it.  I wanted to re-read the book before seeing the movie again, but I think there was a run on the book at the library, because all five copies were all checked out.
 
From what I remember, the movie did it justice.  I'm probably (ok, most definitely) buying it when it comes out.  If not only to stare at Leo.  Just like I did with Titanic.
 


No comments: