Image Map

O'Carrs Chicken Salad - Recipe

19.6.13

I was never a big chicken salad eater until my mother-in-law made it for dinner one night.  And I fell in love.  While, I've never been to O'Carrs, apparently it is a staple in Alabama.  From all the recipes I scoured looking for one that looked doable for me. 
 
So now I'm obsessed with chicken salad; I could eat it every day.  Pita Pit in downtown Birmingham has the best I've had here, but Purple Onion and Al's Deli also have a pretty great chicken salad roll-up.
 
Anyway, onto the recipe.
 
O'Carrs Copycat Chicken Salad
 
 
 
 
- 2 cups of boiled chicken, chopped in the food processor.
- 1 tsp fresh dill ( I skipped this because I hate, hate, dill)
- 1/4 cup of grapes
-  1/8 cup of chopped pecans.
- 4 pinches of paprika
- 2 oz cream cheese
-  3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
-  1 tsp honey
 -  2 pinches of salt
 
(Makes 3-4 servings)
 
Easy as pie to make; Just chop up the chicken in the food processor and add all the rest of the ingredients.  Leaving out the dill had no effect on the taste, but if I would have put it in there, it probably would have made me throw up.
 
 
 
We put it on mini-croissants we got from Publix, and topped them with lettuce and tomato.  Delicious dinner!  And easy!



No comments: