Image Map

Thankgiving 2012

23.11.12

So I'm thankful that I'm not one of those blogs where I feel guilty when I don't blog every day.  Because if I were, I'd be all like whoa, I haven't blogged in over a week!

To be fair, my laptop charger sparked itself to death, and I've been waiting patiently for my new one, just so I can update everyone on my goings on.  

This Thanksgiving, we spent in the ATL with my cousin Erica, and her husband, friends, family, etc.  It really was a great time.  We get to have another Thanksgiving in PA with my mom and my family this Sunday, so I'm pretty excited about that.  But this Thanksgiving was a good replacement; and I did get to spend it with family and reminded me that I do need to spend more time with the family that I have near me.

So we took the 2 1/2 hour trip, again, to Canton, GA to a Thanksgiving feast that featured at least 16 people.  Bigger than any holiday dinner I've ever been a part of.  We got to spend time with another cousin of mine that I've rarely gotten to know, as well as meet some new people that are semi-family (family of Erica's husband..what would you call them?  Cousins in law?).   Anyway, it was a great time.

She is not a fan of long car rides. 

A tablecloth you can write on.  We are a classy bunch.

The 22 lb turkey.

Gino carving the turkey.

Erica was very proud of her non-plastic looking plates.  The ewww, nasty green bean casserole is in the background.

My "cousin-in-law" Donna is way more thankful for gravy and wine than #3 her husband. 

oysters...steamed and grilled, then topped with parmesan.  southerners know how to do Thanksgiving.

Getting ready to eat....

Kiddos coloring on the tablecloth.  The adorable kid on the right with his tongue out is the most awesome kid on the planet.  I refuse to have kids unless they are him.

I, for some reason, get really nervous about family gatherings, but for some reason, this was a great time.  The food was great, the people were great, and even the Detroit Lions lost for me.  All in all it was a great Thanksgiving.  I can't wait to share my late Thanksgiving for when I get to PA!!

No comments: