Image Map

Best Bham Pizza + A Sweet Treat

6.11.12

Every once in a while, I just crave pizza.  Actually, I lie.  I could eat pizza every day of the week if I let myself.  It is just so good; there is nothing that a good pizza can't cure.  

A little while ago, Slice, opened up in Birmingham.  It is serving up creative pizzas, the best spinach salad on earth, and local beers.  Plus, in a great location with fantastic outdoor seating.  The first time B and I went there was a hangover trip during the summer, and it was absolutely gorgeous outside.  I didn't take picture then, well, because my head was pounding too hard, and I was too hungry to even think about it.  

So I got these pictures from our last girl's night.  




I will usually ask the server what kind of hoppy beer they recommend, and this night, he suggested the Tuxedo IPA.  And Lo and I split the Mexicali pizza, which was amazing.  I hadn't tried this one before, so it was a new one.  I'm seriously considering starting a list and making sure I eat every type of pizza there.

There's also another cupcake place in town besides Dreamcakes in Homewood.  It's a cute little cupcake place that started in Auburn and has kind of taken Alabama by storm; Gigi's Cupcakes.  See below.




We tried the Kentucky Bourbon Maple and the Red Velvet.  They, of course, had a display case full of other goodies, including a mint chocolate chip one which will be next to be tried.  

Definitely two fun places in Birmingham you can't miss out on.

No comments: