Image Map

Bourbon Balls

5.11.12

Whenever I'm going through something, mentally, I tend to turn to baking.  I'm not much into crafts; I wish I was.  But I would much rather pull out the flour and sugar and my Kitchen-Aid, and find a good recipe.  

So, this week for Halloween, I made bourbon balls.  I mean, baking and alcohol?  Doesn't get much better than that.  

Bourbon Ball Recipe
 
  • 1 (12 oz) package vanilla wafers, finely crushed
  • 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup bourbon (half it if you don't want it as strong)
  • Powdered sugar
Combine vanilla wafers, nuts, powdered sugar, and cocoa in a large bowl.  Stir well.  Combine corn syrup and bourbon stirring well.  Pour bourbon mixture over wafer mixture; stir until blended.  Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in additional powdered sugar.  Store in an airtight container up to to 2 weeks.
 
It's an incredibly easy recipe.  It took less than 20 minutes.  The actual crushing of the wafers took longer than anything else.  You can wrap these up with a sweet bow and give them out as gifts.  
Be prepared for a lot more recipes coming up; I've had way too much on my mind and baking for some reason seems to help.

No comments: