Image Map

Rewind: Previous Life

19.8.12

I was reading through an old blog of mine; one I kept through  my college years, and actually stumbled across a semi-decent post.

Nothing about drunk keg stands or how much I don't see myself with a certain boy, but actually something that made sense to me reading it, some four years later...

Life Comes at You Fast

I've always wanted to be one of those people that wrote inspiring, introspective things on my blog, but I've since realized that I could never do that.  While spending most of my time at 280, reading other people's blogs, and am like, I can never do that.  I couldn't devote an entire entry about going green.  To be honest, I'm not all that aware of it.  I don't drive a Hummer; that's about as green as I get.    I don't eat all organic food, actually far from it.  Give me my pizza with grease all over it, and some french fries.  I use plastic bags at Target or Publix, because they're free.  I understand the concept of buying the canvas ones; they did this in Denmark when I lived there, about 14 years ago.  In Denmark, you didn't have an option; you didn't have canvas bags, you were carrying your own groceries out to the car, or in our case, to the apartment.


I could never sit in here and write about politics.  I don't think I agree with anyone running.  I agree with bits and pieces from everyone, so why can't all three run the country?  I don't feel the need to get in heated debates about my religion or what I believe or how I live.  I don't feel the need to constantly have to defend myself.  You can believe in what you want, and I'll believe in what I want, and as long as you don't get violent or crazy with me, I'm cool.


I semi-pay attention to the news.  I'll read some MSNBC, or foxnews.com occasionally, but I have never subscribed to a newspaper or news magazine.  I don't really think of myself as wordly, but I'm definitely not sheltered.  I'll skim the news stories, but then I'll eventually go to the stories that interest me the most, the entertainment part.  Or the part where they recap Grey's or American Idol, because these are the things that I want to read about.  

And although I think I'm losing a bit of my conservative views, I definitely have not become a full-blown liberal.  

Anyway, I did get all of that out of reading other people's blogs.  People most definitely have some interesting things to say, and they do only write about what's important to them; programming, or some TV show, or their jobs, their friends, their marriage.  

And going through my past blogs, you can definitely tell I'm not one for the serious.  I don't like being serious, unless it's needed.  I try to always make the mood light, which is proving hard.  Oh well, I can always try, I guess.

I think the most important thing I've learned in awhile, ok, well the two most important things: 
1.  Stop caring what people think about you.  And I'm not a quote person, but here goes, "the people who matter don't mind, the people who mind don't matter," or something along those lines.
2.  Laugh at yourself. 

I must remember the last two things I said.  They ring true now more than ever.

No comments: