Image Map

Woe be to the GMAT

6.5.08

So in order to prove that in fact, I am not dumb, and that I could get into graduate school if I wanted ( a plan recently re-implanted into my head by the boyfriend), I have devoted the next month or so, minus Aruba week, to studying for the GMAT.

After the whole hospital ordeal, I flirted with the idea of going back to school, and it somehow drifted off into space with the dealings of my life in Birmingham. But Bennett now thinks that this thing is a good idea, and we should go back to school, if not only to meet people our own age.

So I almost remember why I decided to throw grad school out the window, and I'm going to completely blame it on triangles, and their tricky hypotenuse and pythagorean theorem ways. I do NOT remember any of this crap from school, except for how to find the area. I breezed through the verbal section (sort of, I lie. This was hard, too), and simply gave up on the math part, hoping that Bennett is blessed in the wicked way of the triangle.

His book tends to be better, the GMAT for dummies, than my stupid Kaplan book that probably cost three times as much as his. It doesn't matter; I can't even think straight right now, with all those circling triangles and formulas that were pushed out for a reason. I'm still not using them. I don't remember the last time I was asked to figure out things with the square root symbol in them; and seriously, just seeing that symbol freaks me out. Fractions, too.

Studying is no fun. Taking tests is no fun. School is no fun. How in the world did he talk me into going back?

1 comment:

Steven said...

glad to see you moved in to the world of blogger. MBA is a great way to fill a prescription.