Image Map

All Good Things Must Come To an End...

4.5.08




So I think in the four or so years that I have had my xanga account, I think it's time that I moved on. Although the world of Xanga has been super kind to me, I think it's facebooked itself too much for me. Also, it seems to be appealing to a much younger crowd, and for some reason, I feel myself getting older and older.

So Bennett and I went to a biscuits game in the gump this past weekend. I have pictures of the hilarious-ness of having a biscuit for a mascot, and I will post them as soon as I can. I told Bennett that he is allowed to show me the picture of the dancing biscuit if I'm ever in a crabby mood. Just think of it people...a biscuit....for a mascot, with a biscuit eater as it's costumed thing that roams the stands. Or the field. He didn't come much up into the stands. Nonetheless, that is the way I prefer costumed things; far far away.





I think now more than ever, I'm not sure what I want to do with my life. Bennett and I are optioning going back to school; getting our MBA's, mine in finance, maybe his too. It will definitely be a strange thing doing the work and school thing again. Hopefully it'll make me feel young, and Bennett won't make me look too dumb when we both take the GMAT and he does better than me.

I really am on this introspective, mature kick, minus my laughing at the biscuit thing. But then, maybe I'm not really cut out for the mature world. I am when I need to be, and I don't always see the need in being serious all the time. If everyone would just take a chill pill once in awhile, everything would be ok. While i'm on the topic, sort of, i don't understand why some people are just plain mean. what seriously could have happened in your lifetime that made you so cranky and irritable, and a joy to be around? Last night before we went to the game, bennett's parents took us to jim n nicks (YUM!!) and there was a little bit of a wait with a couple open tables. we were fine waiting, we know how the restaurant industry is, but there was this guy who came in and screamed at the waitress for not seating them with open tables. He was like "i'm asking a question in plain english, why can't you just answer it?" I wanted to get up and hug that poor girl. What people don't understand is if they do seat you in one of those empty tables, there's a good chance either A. you will be waiting for a server for awhile, or B. you will be receiving horrible service because of your lovely 5-year-old tantrum, the waitress was forced to triple-seat someone, stressing them out, and not giving the service they could have.

For some reason, Bennett and I have been witnessing a lot of this behavior,and i think it's unacceptable. There is no need to be rude to a complete stranger because you don't get your way. There are plenty of people less fortunate than you are that actually have manners, so grow yourself some.


ON a side note, I found a great rug for Bennett's and mine new place. At urban outfitters; go figure. didn't know they did apartment furnishings. I can't wait to move.

No comments: