Image Map

Tomahawk Chop and Other Assorted Awesomeness

18.5.08

It's Sunday....still waiting on the phone survey. Unless they did it on Friday, in which case, that's awesome, cuz thenI missed it!

Anyway, have had an awesome weekend so far. Well, I guess the weekend is over for me, because I'm at work. And will be for the next four days. But then after that, it's ARUBA time!! I'll get into more of that later.

Yesterday, Bennett and I had tickets from his dad to go see the Braves play. I haven't been to a game since last summer, and I love these things! We went to Robin's housewarming thing for a little while, gave her her little fondue set (which btw is awesome, and I might go get myself one), caught up with her, met the boyfriend... She is so happy now, and I'm happy for her. Her boyfriend is really nice, as is his brother and mom. Robin's mom seemed happy, as did her sister and dad. I'm happy that everything turned out good for her. She's got a cute little apartment with her boy, and everything seems to be working out well for her...

We left a little early, since they told us there was construction down 85/75 South, but decided we were smarter than that and would take 285 to I-20, and beat it that way. Which we did. We got to the ballpark about an hour and a half before the game....and ate some deliciousness ball park food. Sort of...Bennett had some Italian sausage thing, and I invoked Wisconsin with a brat and sauerkraut. The game was a bore until the 9th inning. The Braves were down 5-1, but rallied back 5-4 in the bottom of the ninth. Everyone was standing up and doing the tomahawk chop and getting all excited, and then some guy I never heard of came up to bat and struck out. I never heard so many sad awwws, but at least it got exciting toward the end. Made it back to Birmingham before midnight, got some late night Wendy's and went to sleep.




So in exactly a week from now, I will be on an airplane flying to Aruba. Exactly right now, flying on an airplane. I cannot wait for this vacation....it's definitely worth all of my vacation days to just get out for awhile. Sorry for the not-so-funny entry, but it was actually informative about what is going on in the life of me. Oh well, perhaps the fun will return by Tuesday....we'll see.

No comments: