Image Map

Hangover + Pizza = Much Better

10.5.08

Last night Bennett and I went out. And this is the first time in awhile that we went out and drank, and then we came back here and drank some more. We went to the Lakeview Oyster House, somwhere my ex-manager and Jim always went for lunch. It was delicious; had some fried oysters, because I'd never had one before, a fried one that is, and then a shrimp po-boy, and some fried green tomatoes. It was one of the best meals I'd had in awhile. And it was pretty reasonably priced, too.

Then, since we've been so good trying to get in shape for Aruba, we decided that we could reward ourselves with a night of debauchery and fun. We head to Blue Monkey. I love this place, and you should totally go if you've never been. It has kind of a bluesy feel, but they usually play some trancy music unless they've got someone out on the patio. And their outdoor sitting is great. This is a super fun place, and I think it's become our favorite.

Woke up all hung-over like, placed a pizza in the oven and was better. Went up to the Summitt to go to the apple store to have them take a look at my ipod. the sound has been screwed up on it for awhile, so i wanted to see if they could fix it easily. But no, they couldn't. They took my ipod and they're going to recycle it, and they gave me a new one. It was cheaper than it would have been if I were to buy a brand new one, but the thing that made me sad; all of my old music is gone. I no longer have that desktop computer where i stored all of my old music, so i've spent the latter half of this evening trying to remember what i had put on the first one. Oh well I guess. I shouldn't complain about getting a brand new iPod for half the price, since it was their hardware that messed up. I am very sad about losing my music, but in a way kind of glad, because it will get rid of all that crap that usually skipped past.

Anyway, off to start a new week at work tomorrow; worked six days last week, and i hope that won't happen again this week. Next weekend we're going to a baseball game with bennett's dad over in atlanta. and then the next weekend, it's off to Aruba. Little nervous about the plane riding as always, but i'll be ok, I hope.

I can't wait to just get away..

No comments: