Image Map

Charleston Day 1

2.7.14


Normally I hate splitting up vacation posts, but I took a lot of pictures and don't want to picture overload anyone, because that's not very nice.  Is that a run-on sentence?  It sure feels like it could be, but the commas and stuff look correct...any grammar police out there, please feel free to let me know.

But that's way off topic.  Anyway, hubs and I decided to take a long weekend in Charleston to celebrate the long five years we've been together.  We took off Friday, but drove to Atlanta on Thursday to help split the long drive.

We ended up eating at The Porter in Little Five, and it was delicious!  I had the shrimp and grits with an amazing IPA, and B had some delicious looking sandwich thing that actually was pretty delicious.  I didn't take pictures, because I was starving and gobbled that thing up pretty damn quick.

Next day, we got up and faced a four and half hour drive before getting to Charleston.  We decided to run around and explore before our dinner reservations that night.

the pineapple fountain!

selfie snappin fools.

first drink for B during the trip -- a dark & stormy

my first beverage -- a refreshing Moscow mule.


got to walk through a pretty old cemetery...some plots as old as the 1700s.  



After our obligatory first drink and snack (because I thought I was going to die of starvation), we went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner.  

B had made reservations at Cypress, a pretty fancy little joint.  And I will just tell you that the food and service were both fantastic.  It even started pouring down rain while we were in there, and they have a cute little bar upstairs, where we rode out the storm.

first time ordering champagne at a restaurant.

our amazing appetizer with three spreads.  soo delicious.

i'm a steak girl through and through.  perfectly medium rare steak with beer battered onion rings . did i mention how fancy I am too?

b had a seafood stew thing with mussels and all sorts of goodness.

and white chocolate truffles, because five years yo.
After dinner and our after-dinner drinks, we headed across the street to the Gin Joint for our night cap.


It was a perfectly quaint little place with old fancy drinks and a section for you two pick two words and the bartender will make his own drink for you.  I didn't get quite what I asked for (which was sweet and refreshing), but it was good nonetheless.

Of course, this is only day one, and there's lots more to come!

2 comments:

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake said...

OOhhh, looks like a lot of fun!

Nadine said...

Oh the food!!!! That steak and onion rings...YUM! Sometimes there is nothing better than a good steak.